Greetings from Wolf Hall Debates,
Our next event at the Wolf Performance Hall will take place on Monday, May 29th, 2017 (6:30pm pre-event concert).
The question on the floor: Will a populist, anti-immigration agenda come to Ottawa in 2019? Probably yes? or, Probably no? As we’ve seen populist sentiment sweep across the United States and Europe, we wonder: will Canada be different?
Once again, we have assembled an incredible ‘brain trust’ of scholars and thinkers, who will lead us through a nuanced discussion of the possibilities, probabilities, and potentialities of Canada’s future.
Speakers at a glance:
- Anton Allahar is Professor of Sociology at Western University, where he studies economic development, globalization and democracy, and ethnic and racial relations.
- Victoria Esses is Professor of Psychology at Western University, where she studies prejudice and discrimination in attitudes toward immigrants and immigration.
- Stephanie Levitz (@stephanielevitz) is a journalist and Parliament Hill reporter at The Canadian Press, where she covers federal politics, immigration and refugee policy.
- Ingrid Mattson (@IngridMattson) is the London and Windsor Community Chair in Islamic Studies at Huron University College, where she teaches and writes about Qur’an interpretation, Islamic theological ethics, and interfaith relations.
- Erna Paris is a historian and award-winning author of seven works of nonfiction. Her most recent book is From Tolerance to Tyranny: A Cautionary Tale from Fifteenth-Century Spain.
Also, be sure to connect with this event on Facebook.